Outdoor Wall Plaques - Inspirational and Informative Decoration


By Barbara Tobiasz




Throughout my home, from the library to the bathrooms, the walls are adorned to exhume beauty and uniqueness. As a home designer I have had the good fortune of creating my habitat from all that my imagination holds. Living in the Midwest there are an abundance of months that you are held captive inside your quarters. Being in this environment has clearly given me the opportunity to have my place just the way I wanted it to turn out. Having lived in California my heart yearned for the seasons to change. I needed to see new growth form on the trees and to hear the birds chirp again. I desperately desired to make my outside come alive just like the inside.

As the season finally changed to sunshine and warmth, I could actually feel my body and soul uplifted. I ran around the entire house opening all the windows while humming and smiling thinking of the projects that I could hardly wait to start. There was the entire outside area that waited for my hands and thoughts to work their magic. I could hardly wait to get started.

First things first. I needed to remove all the dead leaves and brush that had accumulated over the winter months. Next I went all around searching to see what survived and what needed help with some tender loving care. Gently and lovingly working many hours I revived some plants and added many different kinds of colorful flowers and vegetation.

After completing this task my front and back yard shined with brilliance and beauty but it still felt like something else was needed. Looking around, my walls and fence seemed to be dull and bare. How could I make them part of this theme and complete the picture that I was after? Realizing that inside my home I had adorned the walls with numerous wall décor, why couldn't I continue with the same artistic qualities outside.

Trying to decide what type of wall decor would blend and ablaze the yard with beauty was relatively easy. It came to mind almost instantaneously. Wall plaques would dramatically fulfill the outcome with their words and statue. They tend to add dimension to any bare area they cover.

Decorative outdoor wall plaques are unique accent pieces that adorn your patio, garden or other outdoor area. Most outdoor wall plaques are flat plates or disks which are beautifully chiseled, ornamented or engraved. They can be used as a decoration, information or identification. Best of all, you can mix and match materials and styles to ensure a look that is unique to your home.

Whether you prefer elegance, artistic or modern, there are an abundance of styles to match your own. The themes range from animals, nature, floral, sun, moon, to inspirational words. They are available in materials such as: wood, stone, pewter, crystal, glass, and ceramic, marble, iron and resin. Resin seems to be the most popular for today's garden style. It is most affordable, light weight and is highly resistant to wear and tear for the extremities of weather conditions. You can locate wall plaques that are hand made, hand painted, sculptured or custom made to your specifications.

One of my favorite outdoor wall plaques is a simple design that I have placed on my white PVC fence in the center of the yard. It is made of wrought iron and has the words Live, Love and Laugh. They add visual interest and inspire me daily. The other wall plaque that I am quite found of is one that was custom made. It resides above my entry way and has all of our family names upon it. Below it also states our address and I get comments on it whenever a new person visits.

If you're stumped for a unique gift, this is one of-a-kind and will be cherished for life especially if he or she is a garden enthusiast. Have an inspirational saying with the persons name engraved and you will be remembered always.

Whatever outdoor wall plaques you choose, I can assure you it will add color, spice up the property surrounding your home and be appreciated by all for many years to come.




Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Barbara_Tobiasz/225319


http://EzineArticles.com/?Outdoor-Wall-Plaques---Inspirational-and-Informative-Decoration&id=2418792


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Decor Spirituality - An Introduction to Spiritual Home Decor

Finding The Right Unique Home Decor Accessories